Storefront windows around town have been spreading Holiday cheer. The Greenwich Chamber of Commerce sponsored its annual storefront decorating contest for businesses. Residents gathered Thursday evening at the Bruce Museum for the chamber's annual Holiday Party.
"The Chamber of Commerce has a mission of advocating and connecting businesses and by having this event we are bringing businesses together," says Marcia O'Kane, Executive Director of Greenwich Chamber of Commerce.
During the event, the chamber announced this year's eight storefront winners, two from each geographic area in town. Prizes for winning include free advertising on the chamber's website, 50 percent off a chamber membership, and special recognition.
"It's just a joyous celebration bringing businesses together, honoring those stores that did a little bit of extra decorating this year," says O'Kane.
The annual Holiday Party is also a networking opportunity for local businesses.
"It's great to converse with other local businesses and see what they have to offer and see what they're interested in what we have to offer," says Nicole Shaffer.
2013 Store Front Winners:
1. Rummage Room, Best Classic Holiday Store Front
2. Estate Treasures, Best Original Holiday Store Front
3. Greenwich Hospital Auxiliary, Best Classic Holiday Store Front
4. Greenwich Hospital Auxiliary, Best Original Holiday Store Front
5. Hoaglands, Best Original Holiday Store Front
6. Rinfret, Best Classic Holiday Store Front
7. Cos Cob Firehouse, Best Classic Holiday Store Front
8. Coldwell Bank, Best Original Holiday Store Front